Jesse D Berkowitz earned his Bachelor of Arts in 1999 from the University of Akron with a major in Political Science. In 2001, Mr. Berkowitz graduated from Stetson College of Law with a Juris Doctor degree.
While attending Stetson he clerked for two personal injury law firms, focusing his research primarily on automobile accident and premises liability cases.
Mr. Berkowitz also completed an internship with the Pinellas County Public Defender’s office where he gained valuable jury trial experience. After graduating from Stetson, Mr. Berkowitz was hired by the Jodat Law Group to work exclusively on P.I.P. (Personal Injury Protection) disputes against automobile insurance carriers.
He later joined Joan Berkowitz, P.A. as an associate attorney, working on criminal defense, bankruptcy, creditor harassment and personal injury cases.
Mr. Jesse D Berkowitz became a partner of the Berkowitz Law Group in 2006 and in 2016 his firm was renamed Berkowitz & Myer.
Mr. Berkowitz focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and creditor harassment cases. He is admitted to practice law in all Florida state courts and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Managing Partner (Berkowitz & Myer) 2016 - Present
- Partner (Berkowitz Law Group, P.A.) 2002 - Present
- JD - Juris Doctor (Stetson University College of Law) 2001
- BA (University of Akron) 1999
- Make3 Cares - non-profit (Board Member) 2013 - Present
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association (N/A) 2013 - Present
- Florida Justice Association (N/A) 2013 - Present
- Make 3 Networking (Chapter President / Shareholder) 2012 - Present
- National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys (N/A) 2008 - Present
- Leadership St. Petersburg (N/A) 2004 - Present
- Bankruptcy Bar of the Middle District of Florida (N/A) 2002 - Present
- American Bar Association (N/A) 2002 - 2004
- Rising Star (SuperLawyers) 2016
- 5.0 out of 5.0 in personal injury (Martindale-Hubbell) 2015
- Top 100 Lawyers (The National Advocates) 2015
- Graduation With Honors (University of Akron) 1999
- Top Scholar (Tau Kappa Epsilon, Beta Rho Chapter) 1998
- Top New Member Scholar (Tau Kappa Epsilon, Beta Rho Chapter) 1997
Berkowitz & Myer
4900 Central Ave
St. Petersburg, FL 33707